Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yummy goodness ...

I did finish the cleaning, in case anyone was worried.

And it's funny how quickly money goes. Really. But it was nice to not have to count every single penny since it was, technically, found money. And no, I didn't overspend so money that needed to be in my account is still there.

Go me.

Yesterday I made lasagna for the first time. Marty and Alan came over for dinner and fun was had by all. Plus lots of food.

We also picked up some yummies from this place. I had heard really good things about them and looked at them for our wedding cake, but their cake prices were pretty high. So yesterday was the first time I ever actually ate anything from there.

We picked up a 10 pack of their Deluxe mini cupcakes and a package of what they call Crumb Bums - pieces of un-used cake from cakes they had to sculpt.

Oh. my. fucking. God.

And this is coming from someone who generally does not like cake. So much so that I always get a pan of brownies for my birthday instead of birthday cake.

Not anymore!

No more normal store bought cakes for this broad. Nope. If I want a cake and don't have $25 - $45 to spend on one of theirs, I can pick up a container of Crumb Bums for $3 and pick my way to sweetness heaven.

All future birthday or other celebration type cakes will be coming from them.

And that's an order.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hee! I should try their cake on my husband. He *loves* cupcakes, but hates cake. (I don't know, don't ask me.) Maybe he would become a convert like you!

And, if you want a lazy lasagana recipe, I've got one. It always turns our really well (I'm not just saying that-other people have told me that, I swear!) and it's super easy.

AwkwardMoments said...

good lord I am drooling on the keyboard