So the whole Sims transfer thing didn't work out well. I could never get one family to open at all and the family that did open moved horribly slow.
I know what I'm going to have to do and I really don't want to.
Not only will I have to reinstall all of the expansion packs, but I'll need to also make sure the colleges, business districts, and vacation destinations are assigned exactly the same on this one as on the other computer. Otherwise I run the risk of the people themselves not being placed right when I unpackage them (for example: If I have one college assigned on his and another on this one, the students I have in college for that neighborhood won't be assigned right and they won't work).
Then I'll be able to use the game to package the sims themselves, save them to disk, and then unpackage them into the game on my computer. That will be the least time consuming part, taking only a few minutes.
The rest of the endeavor? Yeah ... that whole first part will take a few hours.
You (all 2 of you) probably think I'm a tad nuts for it, but I have more than a year invested in these digitized people and I'm not letting go without a fight.
It's going to have to wait until this weekend, though. I can't get into Patrick's computer when he's not home, so I can't start until I have him on hand.
I'm going to take my ring in today to have it fixed. I hope they won't keep it too long. I'm one of those who only takes off her ring to put on hand lotion and then it goes right back on. So not having it is going to be very strange.
Plus I'm sure I'll have many mini-freakouts as I suddenly realize it's not there and momentarily wonder where I left it.
2 comments:
i do not think you are nuts. I was addicted to this game in college on my (then) boyfriends (now husbands) computer. His roommate sabotaged my accuont over time and I got so angry I cried and stopped playing. He ruined it that bad
I dont' think you're nuts, either. I got a little too into it and had to give it up for a while (Mr. W just couldn't take me playing it from the time I got home from work until way after bedtime). Boy you lost me on all the transfers and what-not. I hope you get it all smoothed out!
I'm with you on the ring. I've had mine off for a while now (damn swelling) but still freak out sometimes. I hope they get it back to you super-quick!
Post a Comment