I am happy to welcome my Sims2 families back.
I went through each neighborhood to check and see who was where and make sure it worked the way it should.
The thing I forget is how many times I had to uninstall the game. Which means some of the families I remembered weren't there.
Sadness.
But the ones that are there are ones I spent over a year cultivating and growing and I'm just as happy to have them back.
There's only one small snag that I've found so far - one of my families is in both their normal neighborhood and the college neighborhood associated with it. I'm not sure how that happened or what that'll mean for them, but I figure I'll just play the one in the regular neighborhood and leave the one in the college alone.
It's nice to have already existing families - ones I'm very familiar with - to play as opposed to having to create new ones from scratch. That would be why I haven't played for months. All of my games and families were on a different computer and I hate creating new ones after getting attached to others.
So welcome home!
I haven't heard back from either job I submitted my resume to this week. The job market here sucks so much ass right now.
Patrick has offered to pay for the repairs to my ring as an anniversary gift. Which excites me. I love my ring and hate the thought of it being damaged and losing a stone. And then being stuck having to pay out the nose to replace the stone and fix the ring. I'll be taking it to the jeweler in the next couple of days.
And now ... without further ado ...
I'm off to reaquaint myself with my Sims.
** Or not ...
There seems to be a larger problem.
One family won't open. It acts like it's going to, but then it just sputters with the turning hourglass. The only way to get out of it is to ctrl alt dlt out of the game entirely.
I checked another family and it opens just fine. It even prompted me with game tips for Free Time.
I'm going to need to go family by family and see who will and who won't open.
Chances are high that I'll have to uninstall all of the games on this computer, reinstall up to Free Time, package only my sims on Patrick's computer then let the packager put them where they need to be on mine, and then install Free Time on top.
Everything but the stories (the sims themselves) and Free Time are identical between the computers, so I'm not sure where the problem is. But there is one.
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! (when is it officially?) That's wonderful that he's going to fix your ring.
Ahhh...I forgot about my Sims. I think I need to find my disk and lose myself for a little while. Thanks for the reminder!
I hope your families are thriving!
Post a Comment