Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No word yet ...

Tomorrow will be one week since my interview and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to assume (yeah, yeah, I know) that it means I didn't make the cut.

Damn it.

I spent about a half hour filling out the online assessment form for the call center job. 261 questions, with oddball ones thrown in - like "you cannot count past 50" and "your family gets along".

I realize they're probably tossed in there to make sure the person's paying attention, but Lordy they're irritating.

I keep trying to remind myself of the good points to this call center - no weekends or evenings, free health insurance, and a casual dress environment. Plus that whole making good money thing.

I do have an appointment with agency #4 tomorrow. I think this one deals mainly with temporary assignments, but I'm going to hope they'll have a permanent placement to offer me.

Although now is the time to stress if there ever were one, I'm doing my best to not stress too much.

I've always been the sort who refuses to spend her life worrying about this and that and such. Sure, worry about what needs to be worried about. But I refuse to let it affect every aspect of my life.

So ... I'm going to let Hoss out of his kennel and play tug of war with him and his new blanket (Hoss loves him some blankets).

And if someone calls, it can go to voice mail and I'll get it when we're done.

3 comments:

Ms. J said...

Yes, sometimes we have to do or take less than ideal work situations to "take care of business" (i.e. bills or health insurance).

I think you have the right attitude, thought!

Anonymous said...

Don't you wish life were free? We could just do what we want because we LOVE to do it? Then again...there would be no one on the other end of that phone line, would there? Ugh...I'm sorry.

Playing with the dog will definitely make you feel better. They can bring a smile to your face no matter what!

*Hugs*

Anonymous said...

oh it sucks! just keep looking hard and furious. true desperation will get you when you are not doing nothing!
i hate those questions. once during an inteview i was asked what my closest looks like.