Friday, October 17, 2008

Back on line ...

We now have a new water heater and hot water.

We thought it might have been a bad seal, but Patrick discovered a crack in the actual tank just under the connection. There was a ton of sediment in the bottom of the tank and it wouldn't even drain when he tried. So the water heater was kaput.

No warranty as it was purchased in 1997 and had a 9 yr warranty. Dernit.

But we do have a new one and it's in place and working. My husband is the awesome.

My dad never did come out. I finally called him around 1pm and that's when he said he wasn't coming out. Nice way to call and let me know.


I haven't heard back from the interview yet. I'm hoping he calls today. That would rock.

Just in case, though, I have yet another appointment with yet another agency on Wednesday. This agency does all of the temp / direct hire for this place, so I'm hopeful to at least get something temporary through them.

Today will be laundry and dishes and floor mopping.

Ya know .... things you need hot water for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooohhhh good luck. my second interviewer said she should be talking to her boss by today and getting in touch with me next week. my husband is crossing his fingers that i might get a call today.
i'm really hoping for you. it would be so cool if we both got hired within the next week or two.
yay for your husband and taking care of the hot water. as the weather gets cooler we sure need that hot water.