Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mo' Money ...

Patrick is off running a sawmill related errand, so I'm just hanging out.

The poor guy - he's been off all week so far and has had to spend most of that time with his wife hah I thought the least I could do was let him run this one alone. Especially since it's an hour drive each way.

It really has been far more relaxed here these last few days. Wishes upon wishes would have him back to working his sawmill. Physically demanding work, yes. But the mental trade-off would be worth it 100 times over.

The refund check from our cancelled dining set arrived today. $400 of that is going straight to Patrick's Home Depot card to pay for the water heater. And as painful as it was to part with that money (the check was made out to me, don't ya know), it would have been seriously painful to not have had it come back to us at all and be stuck with that $400 on the credit card.

One of those "for a reason" things that I absolutely hate (because people are usually referring to my ovaries and/or uterus when the words are uttered).

Speaking of money ...

I had a talk with at&t this morning. I received our 2nd bill - for $90+ dollars. Yes, $90+ dollars. Which is about 30 bucks more than I was expecting.

When we signed up for the internet, we had to get a phone line in order to get the dsl speed we need. Which irritated me to no end, but we didn't exactly have a choice. After streaking upstairs and to their site today, though, I discovered that oh no - we could now get the exact same dsl plan for just $5 more without a phone line.

So the phone line has been cancelled and will be disconnected around midnight tonight. I'm not doing $90+ a month, especially when almost half of that cost is for a phone line we don't use.

I just realized it's barely after 1pm. Huh. We've had such a busy morning that it really seems like it should already be at least 3 or 4pm.

No comments: