Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday catch-up ...

I have another interview tomorrow. This one was through an add on craigslist.

But I did learn my lesson - if the e-mail address ends in @gmail, you'll always be sent a link to a place to fill out your name & address, then get 3 pages of "do you want info on ..." questions.

Then you never hear from anyone. Ever.

I've even run across those on our newspaper's job site. With the company name always "confidential".

This one had a real e-mail address, though. And since I sent my resume last week, I'd completely forgotten I'd even sent it.

Yesterday afternoon's phone call was kind of like finding $5 in your jeans pocket - a pleasant surprise after the let-down at the agency.

We haven't received our kitchen table set yet and tomorrow is 6 wks. Last week they said it had an eta of the end of the week, but I never heard from anyone.

I'll be calling them when they open at 10am.

I'm also hoping to have my ring back at the end of this week. The store said they always ask we allow up to 4 weeks, but the manager at Tacori was having them send it to her attention and she told me to expect a turn-around of 10 business days.

Which would be this Friday.

Although 10 business days is kind of ambitious, if you ask me.

Edit 11:30 am:

So now the table is on back order. Which is not what I was told when I ordered it or the last 2 times I spoke with them in the last 2 weeks.

Now I'm being told it may be another 3 - 6 weeks.

And that store is a franchise. Which means the corporate company can't help.

I'm currently waiting for the ordering office's manager to call me back with more information.

Because, as I explained to her, this is absolutely unacceptable.


Edit 11:45 am:

The manager called me back - they're estimating the tables will be available around mid-November.

Estimating around that date.

Her manager has offered the options of waiting (with a clearly stated lack of gaurantee mid-November really will be the delivery date) or getting a refund. And since we paid cash, we'll have to get a refund check. Which will take 10 - 14 days to receive.

I opted to cancel the order and get our money back. Even if we were to be given the same deal - a different table w/2 free chairs - we'd still be looking at another 3 - 6 weeks (at the least, apparently).

To say I'm pissed would be an understatement.

2 comments:

Ms. J said...

Ugh. Oi Vey. I think you did the right thing in deciding to get your money back. This is already ridiculous.

Alyssa said...

Okay, about your table? I'm just going to say it. Plug your ears if you are a delicate flower.

Motherfucker.

I hate it when stupid people/companies do stupid things like this. You were smart to get your money back, but it's a total bummer that now you won't be getting your table. Sigh.