Saturday, March 15, 2008

Another week down.

For those that remember - my nephew's girlfriend had her baby in January and the paternity test came back as his. Which is awesome. I can't imagine what it would have done to my sister had that test come back as someone else's. At least she'll have Stephen's daughter to hold onto.

There's a moving sale in a super nice subdivision (the kind that makes you wonder what they do to afford that type of home) near here and my friend Marc is coming over so we can go check it out. Then it's errand time as we're pretty much out of all sorts of staples - toilet paper, toothpaste, animal food, etc ...

Thank God for pay days.

With my job situation the way that it is, all baby plans are on hold until the end of this month. After the 31st, I'll know if I can put any plans into action.

I was thinking last night - some people throw God into the mix and talk about "He knows when it's the right time" and some such. I've always wondered about that. How can it not be the right time for us but the right time for some crackhead or abuser?

I don't get it and sometimes my brain hurts from trying to figure it out.

I don't know. It's been several months since our last attempt and I just feel so disconnected from it all.

Ah well ... it won't change before the end of the month so there's no point in mooning about it. I'll just keep on waiting.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I can completely understand your confusion as to why undeserving people can get pregnant so easily while others can't. It's definitely frustrating. Hang in there though, the end of the month will be here before you know it.

Alyssa said...

It doesn't make sense, does it, when someone who seems so awful and underprepared to be a truly great mom gets pregnant. I'll never understand it.

But then I think about my own mom. She was the second of seven children born into a horrible, horrible life situation. How she survived is beyond me and she is an amazing mom and human being.

So this is why I figure there is some bigger plan at work-something I don't understand. Because no one in their right mind would've wished a childhood like my mom's on anyone. But I'm so glad she made it.

Ms. J said...

I could punch somebody when they throw in the ol' "God Knows" (or some variation thereof) . . . and I am a God-fearing & believing Catholic! But you are absolutely right -- um, does God KNOW it's the right time for a crackhead? An abusive mother? People who don't value the plethora of children they already have?! What the *^$&#?!