Well, we're finally, completely moved in.
We brought the 2 big dogs today.
Hoss is in his kennel, new dog house and all. Pearl is standing at our back door, alternately yelping and whining. I'd have her in a kennel but I could only get one from work and I can't afford the retail cost of them.
So for now, Pearl has to run loose. Which you'd think she'd like. But no. Apparently she either needs to be kenneled or she needs to be inside. Maybe it's a security thing.
I'm wondering what she'll do when it gets dark.
Biscuit was happy to see them. Not that she's ever run around with them, but they're familiar to her. And Pearl did run around with her (she's 11 so she's a bit slow), while Hoss barked (he's too large to play with 12lb Biscuit). Biscuit's currently passed out on the floor.
The neighbor dogs all had a field day when we got here. And while mine ran around, barely making any sounds, theirs set the band loose. Especially this black and white dog in the corner. That dog ... non-stop. So much so that we moved Pearl's dog house to the other side of Hoss's so that neighbor dog can't see her.
Not that she's used the dog house since we've gotten here. She's too busy standing at our back door.
I'm exhausted. Really. Moving two large dogs in the van and then getting them situated ... mentally exhausted.
But this move marks the official end to my daily 40 minute trek (that's each way, thank you very much) to make sure the large 2 were fed in the evenings. I'm sure my dad would have fed them, but he'd have bitched about it. So now that they're here, that comes to an end.
And it marks us as being completely, fully, moved in.
Yay.
5 comments:
Time to celebrate!!!! Yay!!!!
My Megan dog has issues with security. She prefers to sleep somewhere covered (surrounded on a few sides if possible). She has other neuroses, too. Sweet neurotic doggy that she is! Haha
I hope Pearl adjusts well to her new home!!
GRATS TO YOU !!! That's a huge task.
Congratulations! :) Moving is exhausting, even on the best of days. You must be so thrilled and relieved to be completely in your new digs! Enjoy!!
Congratulations on being fully moved in. It took me. . . well, we have been in our house for 4 years. . . so I guess it has taken me four years and counting. Kudos to you for being organized!
And I am so glad that the furbabies are home!
Woo hoo!!!! It's taken a while but you're finally there. I am so, so, so happy for you!
Post a Comment