Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm THAT boring ...

I hate that I haven't updated, but ... really ... it just seems like nothing is happening.

Maybe I'm in a rut.

So maybe bullet points?

- I continue to realize how much of a grownup I am these days. You would think it'd be the big things that bring it on, like having a mortgage, but no. It's the little things - planning dinner, wiping down the stove because the sauce spatters are driving me insane, that sort of thing. I sometimes wonder when that switch flipped. Mind you, I'm 38. Some may say it's about time, but I think it's more that I'm conciously thinking about these new habits of mine that aren't actually new. They're just more to the front of my thoughts, than anything else.

- Work is still going well. I truly enjoy my job and the people I work with. And, unlike my last job, when I'm home, I'm home. There isn't that lingering stress, no feeling of dread driving into the office. I come home and I can enjoy the evening without worry of what awaits me at the office the next day. That alone is worth a gazillion chocolate pieces.

- Hoss's toe was fine within a few days, but today he's putting no weight on his rear left leg. He'll be 7 in January and we've been dealing with his luxation since he was about 1. So the initial serious worry I had when I saw today that he hadn't eaten his breakfast turned to relief when I realized it was because of his leg. Sounds bad, I'm sure, but I know his legs and I know how to deal with them (stretching, a couple of aspirin, and some slow walking). Try not to freak out if you read that link - his is intermittent, although it has affected both back knees at various times, and this is the worst case he's had in a few years. He gets stiff in cold weather, but that's about it. He's ok. So please don't think I'm just ignoring it. He got out of his kennel (3 legged), hobbled around, ate a bunch of cheese (it's the perfect form of bribery), and even a hunk of meatloaf. The best thing, though, was that he was out and about, stretching the leg. Which is a must. So ... yeah ... stress for me, a fully tummy of yumminess for him.

- Speaking of stress ... I know animals are supposed to being light and joy, but damn. Between cleaning up after them, 1 old dog, and 1 gimpy dog, they wear me out.

- We still haven't filed our paperwork for our home study.

- I randomly hate on pregnant women or people with children under 3. Not, like, out loud to them. But in my head.

- I'm not much of a clothing shopper. A thing about me is that I think nothing of dropping $50 on dinner, but can't stand the thought of dropping $50 for an item of clothing. A couple weekends ago, though, I made Marc go to Coldwater Creek with me and make sure I walked out of the store with clothes. They were having a 70% off sale and I had some extra cash. So I set a budget, stayed within it, and came away with 8 new items. And a determination to go back. So yay.

- Speaking of being a grownup ... I'm stealing an idea from a friend of mine and am going to come up with a monthly meal planner thing. So if you guys have any easy, non-fancy, non-high cost ingredients meals, please feel free to share. I don't like fish, so no fish recipes please hah

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Love the bullet points! Am going to respond in kind. (Because I am a dork.)

-Me too! It is shocking to realize I'm an "adult." When did this happen?

-I'm glad you like your job. You deserve to have a good, happy place to work after the last one!

-Poor Hoss. :( I can imagine this is stressful for you.

-Animal mess is gross. And not fun to clean up. In total agreement on that one.

-We're thinking about adopting and haven't done a thing yet.

-I, too, randomly hate pregnant people. I know I shouldn't and I can't help myself.

-I HATE spending a lot of money on clothes. But I like fun things to wear. It's a conundrum.

-Love the monthly meal planner idea. I keep meaning to do that, too, and it hasn't happened. Sigh...