Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Of course ..

Update - Wednesday morning, 9:05 am (original Tuesday post below) more updates below, as well-

This morning he didn't act out as much as he did yesterday, aside from refusing to move. And when a 120lb dog refuses to move, there isn't much you can do.

The decision was made for me to just leave. I know they were planning on strong-arming him onto the scale and 1) I really didn't want to watch that and 2) he'd probably react better if I weren't there.

I know a good bit of it is fear, but I also think there's a tendency to want to protect me as well. If he's afraid, wouldn't a doggy mind assume he needs to protect his owner?

I dunno. Maybe it's rubbish.

Although I did remind them to please keep in mind that he's scared and is acting out because of it. He's a dog, not a person that can be reasoned with or explained to.

But it's been an hour since I left and no one's called to ask me to come get my 'crazy' dog.

I'll take that as a decent enough sign.


Update - 9:55am Wednesday:

I called the vet's just a few minutes ago. She laughed when I said I just wanted to make sure he hadn't injured anyone after I left.

It seems he was easier to deal with once I wasn't there.

So yay.

The receptionist said they've done the x-rays and have removed the fatty tumor from his other leg and she thinks he's actually starting to wake up from it all.

I'm not sure when the vet will actually call me, but at least I know his status.


Original post:

Hoss showed his ass.

Luckily, he was muzzled.

But he was so uncooperative that they decided he'll need to be sedated.

Please bring him back in tomorrow morning, between 8 & 9. He'll be kept pretty much most of the day and you'll probably have to be the one to remove him from the cage when he's ready to go home.

Then the listing of fees began.

I realize he was scared. I know that. He was in a strange place, surrounded by strange people trying to tug on him, and wearing a muzzle he was not at all happy with. He's a dog and some dogs react with aggression when stressed and scared. I know this.

But still ...

Embarassed doesn't even cover it.

No comments: