Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Update to my updates ...

Hoss is home.

And whiny.

He has osteo-arthritis in both his spine and that knee.

Joy.

It's a degenerative joint disease that really isn't curable so much as managable.

Double joy.

And his fatty tumor didn't look like just a fatty tumor. She thinks there's something else going on there. I told her to go ahead and send it for testing.

Triple joy.

The good (?!?) news is that the inflamation in his spine and knee is causing pain and more than likely causing the leg issue. Get the swelling down, reduce the pain, and he should start using it normally again.

The bad news is that their solution is Prednasone. Anyone care to gamble what happens to dogs on steroids? Yeah. It's not pretty.

He won't be getting the full dose, but please don't tell the vet.

As for his ass showing ... she said he growled and lunged once after I left, but they told him a firm "No" and that was the end of that. Afterwards, he let them weigh him (117lbs), carry him to an exam room, put him on a table, and start an IV with no other grumblings.

Seems having mom in the room was the main issue he was having.

His incision is ugly, he's whiney, and I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I am so, so sorry. It sounds like it was yucky from beginning to end. I hope the treatment plan works well, the fatty tumor is nothing but fatty, and that everything is quiet at your house. Whew!