And so does Hoss.
I'm not sure why, really. But he does seem more cheerful today than he has been the past few days. And he's starting to put the tiniest bit of weight on the pad of that foot as opposed to either the top knuckles or just holding it up completely.
Both things I'm pretty grateful for.
Here's a picture of him during our first visit to the vet on Tuesday:

Snazzy muzzle, eh?
The incision on his right leg (not the one he's been holding up) looks better today, too. I'm sure it has more to do with it's had time to start healing than anything else since it was just yesterday that it was done. But he hasn't started trying to chew or lick on it yet. I figure that will come as it heals and starts to dry out and stretch against the stitches.
The incision is much larger than I expected. The tumor was a decent size, but the incision goes the length of his thigh. I'm not sure if that's standard or if they started out small and went larger once they were in there or what. But it's a decent size.
Here's his poor leg:

Overall, I think we're both feeling a bit better today.
2 comments:
Poor baby!
Tiff
Oh, poor thing. Poor you. Ugh.
Thinking of you and Hoss.
Post a Comment