Friday, November 13, 2009

Better still ...

For as much as I hate how the prednisone will eventually affect Hoss's temper, there's no denying its powerful affect.

Hoss was on his own today. Still kenneled like normal, but I gave him his breakfast, his meds, and headed into work, leaving just after 6am.

When I got home this afternoon, he clammored out of his dog house and started barking at me. This was his norm reaction until a week & 1/2 ago, when he first came up lame.

I was excited to see that reaction, but it looked like he was holding that leg up still.

Which was a huge disappointment. But still ... his overall reaction put a smile on my face.

So imagine my surprise - and joy - to watch him trot --- on all 4 legs! --- out of his kennel and to the deck.

Granted, he's still severly limping and his gait is still crooked, but he's bearing weight on the pads of the toes instead of the knuckles.

And he was more cheerful and obviously in less pain.

Which makes a bit of irritability worth it.

1 comment:

Ms. J said...

its so hard to see animals in pain . . . I can see why this progress woulf certainly brighten your day!