So Hoss's leg hasn't improved even the tiniest bit. Gar.
He has an appt with the vet tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon.
He eats, he gets around (although laborously), and he tries to play here and there. So overall, he's ok. That damned knee, though, just won't cooperate.
I also bought a muzzle. It's mesh, although I prefer the wire ones where they can actually fully open their mouths with no risk of biting. And I think it might be too big. But ... it is what it is and we'll work it out.
In other news ...
I've filed another complaint with the BBB about Direct TV.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered, today, that not only do I no longer have a credit that they owe me for, but I've also been turned over to collections.
How, you ask?
Well - apparently on 10/27, they reversed some earlier credits, which created a due balance of $40.
The billing cycle ended 11/6 (Friday, folks).
Somehow, some way, that amount due suddenly became PAST DUE effective that billing date.
And it was immediately sent to collections.
On Friday.
On the day the bill printed.
Our only recourse, according to them, is to write a letter of dispute to the collection agency.
Um ... why? When I do believe sending someone to collections before they even received a bill saying they owe money is illegal?
Oh but they can't pull anything out of collections once it's sent. (hear the sarcasm?)
Bullshit.
So yeah ... I, for the first time ever, yelled at a customer service rep (a supposed supervisor) on the phone. First. Time. Ever. I've done my time in the trenches and I know how it is. I don't yell.
But this morning? At 8:15am, I was livid. And I was yelling.
And by 9am, my complaint was filed with the BBB.
I checked our account and it shows exactly above. But it doesn't show how they came to that amount (we're talking they 'reversed' over $80 worth of credits, including the 'thanks for being a customer!' credit they gave us after scheduling our disconnect).
Tomorrow, I'll be gathering statements (from their own web site, thank you very much) and sending copies to everyone and their brother, with a lengthy letter.
I'm stressed. Seriously stressed.
2 comments:
Holy hell what is their issue?!?! I've been fighting DTV since we got them a couple of months ago. They still can't get our bill right. Ugh.
I really hope the vet appointment goes well and Hoss gets better!!
Good gawd, that sounds frustrating!
I've been fighting with our local Childrens Hospital over a $500 bill for bloodwork that occurred on 03/18/09. Seriously. They sent me to collection. I was able to prove to collection agency the problem was hospital NEVER BILLED MY INSURANCE, and yet hospital still can't get it right. And of course they dates on THAT policy have long since passed, as well as the Flexible Spending Acct dates for that time period.
Anyhoo, I am with ya, Angry Sistah!!!
Post a Comment