Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One thing leads to another ...

What was that about God and open doors?

A couple days ago, I believed God had opened a door.

This morning, He promptly shut the window on my fingers.

My van wouldn't start.

It wouldn't even pretend to start.

Between the paycheck worry and then the van, the Countdown To Meltdown had begun.

After a mini-freakout at the woman at the agency, I was able to confirm I will get my check this week.

It didn't solve my car issue, but it did go a long way to calming me down.

On the thank you Jebus side, my husband decided to test the battery since the van was acting all sorts of wonky this afternoon.

And it was just a completely fried battery.

He's poorer by $75, but the van now starts.

I did have to take a drug test this morning for the company. One step closer!

And our new employee orientation is Friday morning.

So ...

I get paid this week.

My van runs.

And I will get paid for my first holiday since I started working there in November.

Today is ending in a much better place than it had started.

2 comments:

jaded said...

the van works, and you are getting paid and you are HIRED!

jaded said...

btw, read your comment on drag shows - funny! who knows, i never thought i'd end up in ohio! so if i ever end up going to your neck of the woods i let you know.