Saturday, May 9, 2009

Waterlogged ...

The weather here has been so sucky lately.

I know I comment on Tennessee's weird weather, but we've seen almost nothing but rain for the last 2 weeks.

Rain and serious storms. We get thunderstorms - everyone does. But damn ... It's bad when you use the only 3 hours of non-rain time to mow the lawn because it's starting to look like a hayfield.

But ... my flowers and trees are doing wonderfully well with it all. Everything is blooming and growing beautifully. Unlike last summer where nothing bloomed and everything threatened to die due to our drought.

Which means they should love today, too. Today will be another day of "watch the storms roll in from the west" sort of day.

I'm starting to mildew, people!

About my last post on the work news ...

The news will most likely still be awesomous. It's just the way it's probably going to happen that threw me for a loop. I expected simple and straight-forward. What I got, though, was a couple days of "what the fuck?". I'm actually still kind of in that mode.

Other than that, it's been quiet around here.

- We bought a few paint samples to try out and have talked about what we'd like to do as far as re-decorating and paint and such.

- I'm still dealing with the fallout of losing 3 days worth of pay from my short trip to IL. Those 3 days were enough to majorly fuck with my bill paying routine. Temp agencies really should invest enough in their employees to let them accrue vacation time.

- My mom and Godmom were happy with their Mother's Day gifts and the thought of an all girls weekend away.

- Other than that, I'm not dealing with Mother's Day this year. I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist (yet again). So let me say in advance that I'm sorry I won't be posting a big long congrats-slash-keep trying! post this year. I just don't have it in me.

- I keep threatening to replace my beloved pets with rocks. Rocks don't leave piles of various bodily fluids for you, require no feeding, and don't sharpen their claws on your furniture. But one of my friend Marty's cats had kittens a couple weeks ago and holy bejebus they're cute.

1 comment: