Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Of excitement and frustration ...

I spent most of my weekend wondering what kind of health insurance they have. I know there are 3 plans to choose from, but not much beyond that.

My timesheet, though, I didn't worry about. And apparently should have.

Mumbo-jumbo speak about renewing contracts and such aside, my timesheet submitted just fine on Friday. My supervisor approved it on Saturday.

Today? Oh no, ladies and gents ... today we discovered that my timesheet for last week poofed.

Someone somewhere did not renew my account, so the system deleted it.

Deleted.

After several hours of phone calls and waiting, I ended up faxing a paper one to the agency.

Only to get a call almost 3 hours later, at 5:43pm, telling me the online system was fixed and I needed to redo it ASAP. And then cross my fingers that it goes through their payroll in time for me to be paid on time.

Or ... and I quote ... my pay will be delayed.

Dear readers, let me tell you what else was running through my head this weekend ...

Bills.

I'm transitioning to a perm employee in the middle of their pay period.

This week, I'm to get paid for last week. And make my car payment.

Next week, I'll get 4 days pay from the agency. And pay most of my 1/2 of the mortgage.

The following Friday, 6/5, I'll get 6 days pay from my new employer. And pay the rest of my 1/2 of the mortgage.

And then promptly try to make the rest of that money last 2 weeks.

Can anyone guess what will happen if I don't get a paycheck this week?

There will be fit throwing.

No, it's not a huge deal to let the finance company know my payment will be 11 days late.

But it is a huge deal to then spend the next week without any money.

Because, knowing I wouldn't have any spare money to pay anything on them again until June 19th, I made sure as shit that any bill I had pending was paid in full this week.

So yeah ... I'm excited. Super excited.

But right now I'm pretty pissed off, too.

1 comment:

jaded said...

deleted?...not cool...just NOT cool.