For those who are behind (I really think I'm down to 3 readers hah), today was my last day as a temp employee.
Tomorrow I will be full-fledged employee.
I can't say how non-workish I felt today, my mind only wanting to stay in the land of "yay!".
Our new employee orientation is tomorrow (both me and the temp who started the same day are being hired) and I'm seriously curious to get my hands on the health insurance information.
There are 4 plans to choose from, all through well-known insurance companies. 3 are self-insured and a good bit more expensive and 1 is an HMO.
My dilemma?
Do they cover fertility treatments? Or, more specifically, IVF?
I've googled the one I'm more apt to take (the HMO) due to cost and such and have found a bit of conflicting information - one small snippet saying the drugs aren't covered, but another snippet listing a fertility center as part of the plan. Of course, I can't actually look at the specifics as they're plan specific and I'm immediately taken to a log-in page.
Chances are good that they, like so many others, do not.
But it's all just mental masturbation anyway, isn't it? I won't know anything until tomorrow anyway.
In the meantime, I'm excited. Content. Calm. (which will make my foot happy - I'm in the middle of one of my worst excema outbreaks ever)
No more questions about my work future and insurance and all that.
Because I've worked my ass off these past 6 months and it's paid off.
Go me.
In a huge way.
2 comments:
I've been meaning to stop by and tell you how flippin' excited I am for you - you have worked SO hard for this, and I am so glad this company is recognizing your deep value as a full-fledged, bona fide employee!!!
BTW . . . don't forget to quietly find out if they have any adoption benefits, too ;o)
i'll join in - yay!!!!
wow, i have eczema too. but it comes and goes and now that son of a b*tch is right smack on my ring finger so i can't wear my wedding ring.
Post a Comment