Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No good title ...

So the job ...

What happened, in a nut shell, is this ...

I heard through the grapevine that I was about to be offered a perm job. But I had to wait for my supervisor to say something to me herself. So ... I had to be quiet.

Almost a week later, the other temp and I received an e-mail from our supervisor giving us heads-up that a position was about to be posted. If we wanted to apply, since our 6 months is about to be up, we needed to.

Singular. A position. One.

A position we'd have to apply for as opposed to it just being offered ... to apparently just one of us.

Which kind of turned me sideways. It wasn't what I was expecting. And if you knew the company I'm temping for, then you'd understand that the application process isn't easy at all (lots of government contracting that deals with national security. Really.).

But my application has been filled out (among no fewer than 3 other forms) and turned in (as has the other temp's).

And now we wait to see which one of us will be offered the job.

*****

The redecorating project is moving along nicely.

So nicely that Patrick and I just bought a new couch and loveseat set. With a ton of frickin throw pillows included, thank you very much. 8 for the couch and 5 for the loveseat. And I'm not ashamed to say that, while I loved the set, the throw pillows being included were really what clinched it for me.

They're nice. And more sophisticated. They totally change the look of the room already.

I can't wait to get the room painted in a couple more weeks. And rearrange everything.

After that, the kitchen!

*****

I hasn't rained at all today. Not a drop.

Tomorrow ... more showers.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's a bunch of shit where the job is concerned. Seriously. Maybe this is an informality?

Hooray that the remodeling is going so well!

AwkwardMoments said...

i hate job BS like that! I am sorry. So glad you are enjoying the redecorating prjects