When we moved in, the house across the street was for sale. And empty.
People moved in about a week ago. I'm not sure if it's 2 adults and 2 teens or what ... but the car count ranges from 1 - 4 on most days.
How do I know?
Because I've turned into that nosey neighbor that's forever looking out her window.
The thing is that I'm not use to hearing car sounds from that direction. There's a house around the corner that has a kind of loud van with visitors that have this insanely loud car and I'm use to that. I hear either of those vehicles and I know exactly what it is.
But the door thudding from across the street throws me every time. So I get up to look. And it's just the new neighbors.
I know they must think I'm nuts, looking out my window every time they turn around.
I have another new hire class at work. Right on the tale of my last one (they actually overlapped by 2 days). I normally run a class 8 - 5 - it makes it a bit easier to get some of my other work done and most are glad they don't have to start working 11 - 8 just yet.
But this class is running 11 - 8. For 3 weeks. So I'm working 11 - 8 for those 3 weeks, plus an extra week when they hit the floor.
That's a month of 11 - 8. Yuck.
But I'm trying to look at it more positively. Since almost all of my direct reports work 11 - 8, my working their schedule should make it easier to meet with them.
It will make it more difficult to do recurrent training as I'll be with the new associates until at least 3pm most days, but I'll just have to ask for help getting training done during the earlier shifts.
It's just weird sitting at home (like I am now) and watching the clock (like I am now). By the time I need to leave, I'll be struggling with the "eh, just stay home" mentality that kicks in if I have too much down time before work.
1 comment:
Ugh-bad neighbors. Scott and I moved in and fell in love with one set of neighbors. The ones on the other side are okay, but they have a completely obnoxious 27 year old daughter who shows up with a wild assortment of crappy, loud cars and equally loud, crappy boyfriends on a regular basis. Good times!
As for your work schedule this month? Eew. 11-8 is a weird schedule. I would spend all morning watching the clock. I hope the month passes quickly for you!
Post a Comment