Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Humpday ...

My new hire class is doing well. I think this group is really getting it. They're also probably the most eager and level-headed class I've had. No one's freaked out, no one's spazzed over our system, nada. They're making the connections they need to and they're asking what I consider to be really good questions - I can see the links they're making and the lines of thought leading them from one point to another.

So that rocks.

I haven't been online much from home the last few nights. Between training the new associates and doing other work, I'm pretty much pooped by the time I get home. And then there's American Idol to watch.

Oh, yes. I watch American Idol. And I already have my fave guy, so there.

By the time that's over, it's 10 and I just don't have the oomph to get off the couch.

We're slowly moving towards our goal for IVF. I'm going to start looking into financing options in the next week or so to finish it out. I've looked some, but not all that seriously so far. I guess I'm just nervous to take on a loan - and another monthly bill. What I try to keep reminding myself is that I will be able to claim most of it on next year's taxes (we'll have to file separately, though). So if I can find one with a payment low enough to coast until tax time, then we should be ok.

Plus my company will be passing out our bonuses in the next couple of weeks and that'll go towards it, too. It won't be a lot, but it'll be that much less that we'd have to finance.

So ... my brain is working on a plan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on formulating a plan. I hope you find exactly what you need for the rest of the finances!

And horray on the good batch of new hires!

Missy said...

I'm glad that you are working on a plan. It always makes it easier when you know what you're going to do. I hope everything works out for you.