By 7:30 this morning, I had the cat pans cleaned, the animals fed and watered, and the poop in the basement picked up.
Yes, I said poop in the basement. Our older girl, Pearl, stays in the basement for the most part (it's heated). And instead of letting us know each time she has to go, she just ... goes. So there's poop. The only thing I can be grateful for is that it's a concrete floor (she has cushions to lay on).
I had her in the back yard this morning (I was outside with her to keep her from barking too much ... which she does) and I remember how someone once commented on her name and how it doesn't fit her. And it doesn't. The word pearl invokes images of soft sleekness. The dog Pearl is anything but soft and sleek. If she were a human, she'd wear work boots and drive a semi.
I have an appointment to get my hair cut later this morning. With a new stylist. Argh. The woman (I say that but she's a good 13 years younger than I) I'd been going to got married and moved a couple hours away. Really. Packed her shit and moved. I had been going to her for a few years and she knew my hair and ... uck. So I haven't had a decent hair cut in a few months. Luckily my hair's longer and layered, so I was able to get away without having it done for a while. But now it's at the point where it really needs to be cleaned up.
I did the smart thing and asked women at work about their stylist - but only if I really liked their cut. I finally settled on one and made the appointment for today.
I'm nervous about it, though. I cheated on my hair dresser once ... once ... and that was enough. My impatience caused me to go elsewhere (I have a tendency to call just a few days before I want my hair done, which is tard since she was always booked a couple weeks up) and I regretted it. Not only did I get a lousy cut, but then I had to go back to my stylist to have it fixed. I felt like an ass (not to mention a good $100 poorer between the two cuts) and vowed to never stray again.
Then she left me. And I have to start over with someone new. And she's not here to fix it if this woman messes it up.
Gah. I'm going to be a wreck by the time I get there.
2 comments:
I *adore* my stylist and refuse to let him go anywhere EVER. This is our tacit agreement. I also love getting my hair cut. It's one of my most favorite days of the month. (Well, every six weeks.) I hope all goes well-I'm sure you'll be looking fabulous when you're all done!
i know how you feel about lossing a great hairdresser - hope it went well for you
Post a Comment