Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I suppose it's time for a real update ...

I just hadn't been in the mood, really. There's things I want to blog about, but again with the co-workers reading your blog thing.

We had open enrollment for our benefits yesterday. Well, they're going on all week but I went to yesterday's.

No changes. Other than cost, that is. Still with our original carrier, who refuses to offer any type of infertility coverage - including support of any pregnancy resulting from fertility treatments.

Gah.

I opted to not renew our FSA. It was a brief thought as I know we can afford to live with that money gone as we've already been doing it. But, again, no change was made to our FSA carrier and they only offer a MasterCard debit. IFVmeds, the company in the UK I get my meds from (way cheaper - really) no longer accepts MasterCard. So that pretty much clinched it.

No FSA + no change in insurance = no more treatments.

Kind of mixed up about that and not really wanting to analyze it right now. I think I'll just concentrate on ways to save money towards IVF or adoption (don't be surprised if heifer puts a donation button on her blog hah).

I'm loving our house. I'm finally use to the quiet and I love having our pets with us. They're a lot of work but I get a lot of enjoyment out of them.

I need to take some pictures so y'all can see it and them. Not that it'd win any home awards for decorating, but that's ok. It'll get there eventually.

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Yes,, yes house pics!! (and furbabies too- i just love pets). Congrats on getting all moved in and livable and enjoying it. I am sad to hear about the insurance news. It just sucks monkey balls. I hate that $$ paves the avenue to babyland for us infertiles

Katie said...

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOUSE PICS! Do post them asap!
Sorry about the insurance thing. I had great insurance and that is changing as of Jan 1. Hopefully, this IVF sticks and then we only have to worry about paying for the birth!

Mad Man said...

Sorry about the insurance thing. If we could vote on it, I'd opt to pay a little extra on my insurance for it. You know there's more than you here that want that. And even though I've seen pics of the house, you should post them. Be sure to include a street address so I know where to show up for dinner at.