Monday, December 24, 2007

I've been tagged!

I think I've done this one before, but I love tags so I'll do it again.

Missy tagged me for 7 interesting things about me. I'm not sure you'd call them interesting, but here goes:

1. I love spiders (I think I've mentioned this before). Tennessee has some of the largest spiders I've ever seen and they make these huge, elaborate webs. These spiders are harmless to people (they're big chickens and scamper for cover), but I joke about them saying "fuck a bunch of moths. I want a bird!".

2. I have an amazing tolerance for animals but very little patience with people. Really. People bother me hah

3. My network of close friends is very small. I'm outgoing and know a lot of people, but if you were to ask how many I talk to on the phone I'll only be able to list a few. Sometimes I wish I would let more in, have more people to call when I'm bored or wanting to do something. But I don't believe in superficial friendships and can't bring myself to foster more with people I don't click with. So on those days when everyone I know is busy and I wonder why I don't have more closer friends, I remind myself that it's quality - not quantity - that counts. And my friends are quality.

4. I'm not all that girly. I was a tomboy as a kid and my fave clothes are still jeans and a t-shirt. The only things I'd be considered girly about are my nails and hair. I work hard to keep my nails strong and long (home grown, not store applied!) and I'm particular about my hair cut. That's not to say I paint my nails and style my hair all the time because I don't. I usually use only sally hansen miracle growth on my nails and I usually just put my hair up. But I want them to look good when I do decide to do something to them. Weird, I know.

5. I love funky picture frames. I use to constantly take pictures of my friends and I'd pick up random, mis-matched picture frames from various stores and put them all around. I'm not sure why the attraction, but I still try to find frames with a bit of personality to them.

6. I'm generally a cheerful, talkative person. But there's more on that later - I actually have a blog in mind about this topic.

7. I cherish my alone time. I love my husband dearly. I adore my friends. But I like having at least a few hours of alone time at some point in the week.

And if you thought that was easy, please know I started this blog over 1/2 an hour ago hah

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i also love funky (read most all) picture frames .. I'm an addict

Katie said...

Yes, you have mentioned your love of spiders. Which caused me to announce my hatred of them! Eeeewwww.