Monday, December 31, 2007

This entry brought to you by the word "still" ...

Last night I got a burst of "Let's do somethinb about it!" and e-mailed my state reps. One has responded. With a "sorry, sucks for you". That's not what he said, but he may as well have. But at least it was a real e-mail and not a form letter. Lamar Alexander is horrible for sending out generic form letter replies. Or at least he was the last time I sent an e-mail to him.

I'll let you know if anyone else responds.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my RE's office. I know the billing woman said they'd be open today, but still no return call from this morning. They're probably busy and it's not like I need the info right this second.

But those that know me can attest to my horrible lack of patience.

And for those keeping track, I still have't gotten my period. Nope. Not since the beginning of October. And I can safely say we're not pregnant. 2 random pee sticks just in case and I still only got the one line.

Here's a few random thoughts that struck me the other day ...

* I don't like tomatoes. I don't like tomato juice or tomato soup. But both things look good and it seems like I should like them. So every now and again I'll try them. And I'm always surprised when I don't like either. (the same thing goes for key lime pie)

* I'm rarely intentionally funny. But it seems that I have a tendancy to do funny things. Like fall or bump into things or say something completely stupid. And then I have to share it with someone. Which somehow makes me funny. Or just not that intelligent. Whichever.

* I don't make New Year's resolutions. I haven't for several years. Ok - I don't make the "I'm going to go to the gym and work out and lose weight and blah blah blah" kind. I've been reduced to "I'm going to try harder". In general. I'm just going to try harder at whatever it is - being nice, being a better friend, wife, etc ... Just try harder. Because that I can do.


****** and it's now 4:40 p.m. and I still haven't heard from my RE's office. I hate waiting.

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

hoping you hear something from the RE's office. Good for you for emailing the state representive! Go girl! I also do not make New Year Resolutions. Hope you have a great 2008

Alyssa said...

Aaah, patience. My long-lost virtue. I'm sorry it seems to be in short supply for you, too. :( I wish for you a 2008 that does not require much patience (hee!) and one that is full of the answers you seek. (And, as an aside, tomatoes are disgusting. I like ketchup, salsa, pizza sauce, chili, etc... but not tomatoes. It's a texture thing. Ick.)