My doctor's appointment didn't go as planned.
At the start of the ultrasound, she commented on my uterine lining and how it looked good, then started to veer to my left and asked if I had had any pains. I said yeah, some on the right ovary - nothing big, just some sharp pains when I sneezed or coughed or whatever.
Which led her to abandon my left ovary and head to the right. I think her mind was holding thoughts of possible near-ovulation.
Instead, all she found was a massive cyst. Huge. Room enough to hold a party in. And declared it the source of my pains.
She also declared it the end of this cycle. (for the record, the only other time a cycle was canceled, it was due to the same damned ovary)
She did check my left ovary for decent sized follicles, thinking out loud that we may actually get a surprise cycle and maybe a trigger shot to force their release. But they were too small and wouldn't grow enough in time.
So this cycle is canned. I can't start the lupron with the large cyst there or it'll get worse. There's a chance it will anyway, but not the promise of it as with the lupron.
I'm stopping the progesterone pills and waiting for my period. On the 13th I'll go back and she'll see if the cycst is gone. If it is, I'll start the lupron and we'll move forward. If it's not, it'll be back to the waiting game until it poofs.
Normally the doc would prescribe regular birth control pills, but I can't take them since the discovery of my abnormal enzyme. That whole no more estrogen for you! thing and all.
She did give me a script for some vicodin, though. While I said the pain was only sometimes and not really bad, she promised it was going to get ugly before it got better. Especially if the bitch bursts. If that happens, I'll need the pain pills. I speak from experience on that one.
So ... it's a delay and it's one I'm trying to take in stride.
Afterwards, I came home and powered my way through a Dean Koontz book. Typical sloppy Koontz ending, but not a bad book overall.
No comments:
Post a Comment