Sunday, August 26, 2007

As the treatments take over ...

2 Lupron shots down, about 20 more to go. Thank God these needles are small.

I'm trying like hell to not think of the timing of these treatments. Between the 13 days of Lurpon shots, the following 12 - 13 days of Repronex (still with the lupron - I don't get off that easily!), the extra day for the IUI, and then the 2 week wait to see if it worked (don't forget the daily heparin and PIO shots!), we'll find out about 3 weeks before what would have been our due date if we hadn't miscarried.

It still amazes me how loosing a pregnancy at just 7 weeks can affect you for so long. Of course, it'd probably be easier if my step-sister weren't expecting her son a couple of weeks after what would have been the due date of our daughter and this house weren't full of nursery things and daily baby anticipation talk.

Make note that I rarely think of our loss in terms of its sex. We know it was going to be a girl (go go gadget chromosone testing), but it's too real and too painful to think of it in those terms. So I normally try not to and I refuse to utter the words "our daughter" ... that's just too much. Pfft ... even now I'm having to resist like hell the urge to delete them and leave it generic.

But I won't because that's what it was and she deserves to at least be acknowledged properly. Even if it's only sometimes.

1 comment:

Searching said...

I'm very sorry about your sweet angel. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you right now, and in the next few weeks. Sending you some hugs and prayers.