I'm still trying to decipher the diagnosis I was handed. Lots of medical jargon that says "man, you're so fucked".
One thing I know for sure is that I can never ever take estrogen. Ever. No birth control pills and no hormone replacement therapy when I go into menopause. Estrogen makes things worse and a stroke far more likely to happen.
So ... our game plan was changed a bit.
Instead of going on birth control this month, I'll be on progesterone only pills from the moment my period shows its face. On cycle day 10, I start the Lupron. 7 days after that, I stop the progesterone and wait for my period. Then cycle 3 day will start the repronex. All the while continuing the Lupron to keep my ovaries in check.
I won't start the heparin until after the IUI. Heparin too soon in a medicated cycle can cause the ovaries to bleed when I ovulate and it could get really ugly, including a risk of losing both ovaries. So, the twice daily heparin shots will start at the same time as the PIO shots, the day after the IUI.
And I've been told that I have got to stop smoking. Not just for the normal reasons, but this enzyme thing apparently makes the chances of issues way worse when you toss smokes in the mix.
Yay.
This morning I was wondering - really, is this God's way of pointing out exactly how much he wants this bloodline brought to a halt? Cuz if it's not, he sure has a funny way of showing it.
2 comments:
Sounds confusing to me but I understand the risks with hormones and birth control.
I’m not allowed oestrogen either, I was on your bog standard contraceptive pill for about 3 years and had three migraines in that span of time. My doc at the time didn’t think anything of it and just handed me some pain killers. Wasn’t until I moved to Southend and went to the family planning clinic here that they told me my migraines suggest a risk of getting blood clots in my brain or something.
I tried two different mini pills at separate times and, although I didn’t get migraines with them, I got some nasty headaches so I’ve been off all forms of hormonal contraceptive for a year now. Which hasn’t exactly been that fun…
Now, after having a chat with the family planning clinic, I’m about to try the hormonal injection. This afternoon at 2:25 in fact. I’ve got all things crossed that this works. Its also been mentioned on a few websites (particularly www.netdoctor.co.uk) that some basic research suggest it help protect against ovarian cysts, which I think is why the family planning clinic recommended it for me.
All your pills and injections do sound mighty complicated. I’m amazed you can keep on top of it all!
Beth (0plato0)
Post a Comment