Saturday, December 29, 2007

Blinding lack of information ...

I called our RE's office yesterday and left a decent message about wanting to investigate IVF and seeing if she offers any type of discount for self pay or particpates in any of those share programs. The billing agent left me a message without any details, just saying to give her a call.

Of course her message was left at 4:34 and she said she'd be in the office until 4pm. Maybe she meant 5. But their office is open Monday, so I'll call back.

I also e-mailed ARC - again - to get an idea of pricing through them. I submitted a message to them yesterday morning, with all of our details, but only received a generic "thanks for contacting us" reply. It said to reply if I had further questions, so I replied with a detailed description of the treatments so far, the C677T MTHFR diagnosis, and the need for IVF w/ICSI.

I'll check my work e-mail on Monday (we're closed Monday and Tuesday both) in case they e-mail back with some real information.

Right now I'm looking at it as a fact finding mission more than anything else. I want ducks in rows and all that before we get really serious about it.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

There's really no harm in asking around. The worst they can do is give you information which leaves you right where you are. And, with any luck, you'll find out some really wonderful news. I'm holding out for the wonderful news for you-fingers crossed and lots of happy thoughts are being sent your way!

Katie said...

You know, MY IVF cycle started with "just asking." I really didn't think we would have time to cram a cycle in before the end of the year. . . and look!

Keeping that Follistim handy. . . might have some PIO, too!