Still no sign of the red dragon. But I plan on wearing white shorts today so I'm sure it'll arrive at some point, probably when I'm standing up in front of a group of people.
Patrick's brother's boss holds an annual cookout and we've gone the last few years. And he does it up right with a ton of grilled and baked food that has included ribs, burgers, hotdogs, pot roast, shrimp, and crab legs, along with the usual salads and finger foods. I only know a few of the people there (like my husband, his brother, and the bossman), so we usually don't stay for more than a few hours. We took my best gay, Marc, with us last year and he's going again this year too. So make that 4 people I'll know.
One of the random cats that wander the property had kittens a few weeks back. Probably in the 4 - 5 week range. We didn't discover them until last week, though. She's a sneaky bitch. Anyway - there were 5 and now there's 4 (we've no idea where the 5th one went, but we suspect it's in another room that momma kitty's been caught going into). Only the mother moved one of those 4 from the garage to under the deck in the front of the house. We have no idea why, but there's one kitten hanging out in a drain pipe that runs around the house. She's obviously still feeding it as it looks healthy. It's just weird for a momma cat to move a single kitten and continue to take care of it. They usually move only one if that one's sick, dying, or dead. And then it's just left where it is.
This morning I was able to wrangle one with a yummy (blech) piece of canned dog food. Then I was able to nab the other 2. Just a few weeks old and they're already food whores. 2 girls and 1 boy. 2 girls = gazillions more babies if they're not fixed. So ... the goal is to get them used to people so we can take them to the no-kill shelther and get them homes.
Mad Man, don't you want a cute lil kitten?
Ok folks. I need to get ready for this shindig. Y'all be safe and try to mind the dry grass and trees around you. Don't be an ass and start (yet another) forest fire.
No comments:
Post a Comment