I haven't done a non-work update in a while.
So ... on to other stuff ...
I dyed my hair this weekend. Brown. Kind of a chestnut brown. I forget (because it's been so long) how porous my hair is and how well brown takes to it. So it came out darker than I think the box called for (looking at it again, no ... it came out pretty much how the box said it would hah). But it's fine - I got huge compliments all day at work today.
Ok - one work tidbit - my supervisor told me today that she's super happy with my work (she even gave me a project to work on ... score ...) and knows I want to come on permanent. I was given a wink. I'll take that as a good sign.
Patrick built us a kitchen table (have I mentioned that before?) and it's awesome. It's a simple farm style, but you'd be hard pressed to know if this one was hand made or store bought. It's easily as good as anything bought retail. Better, really, because he made it himself. We stained it and put clear goopy stuff on it and it's finished and sitting in our kitchen. Now we just need some chairs.
I'm still struggling with a steady bed time. 10pm is too late, but 9pm feels way too early. Even though I know 9pm is probably the much better choice.
Christmas was decent, but hectic. I was able to score some village people and bushes (that light up with Christmas tree lights!) for a mini holiday village for $1 - $2 each. I wasn't able to get any actual buildings, but there's still time for that. It's a start and that's better than nothing.
Daniel's been testing our bedroom door again. So the ssscat sprayer is back in action. And working very well. Except that he tests the area a lot and I don't leave it on all the time (batteries and spray go only so far), so sometimes it's hit and miss for him. But it does keep him on his toes most days.
Speaking of the word 'except' ... there's a difference between accept and except. Being a total grammar nazi (I know, you couldn't tell by my blog), it drives me bonkers when people use except instead of accept. Or sale instead of sell (a lot of southerners pronounce "sell" as "sale", so I'm thinking they type it in the way they say it). I like to eyeball craigslist and those two things are repeated time and again. I need to sale my ring and I won't except less than $50 for it. Gah. Makes me practically homicidal.
And that's really it. We plan to ring in the new year in our jammies (we're old like that), safely ensconced on our couches.
Stay safe.
2 comments:
Pretty New page look (I use reader) so it may have been like this a while now.
Awesome job with the table. I love handmade furniture.
We ring in the new years the same way.
I hear ya about bedtime. I need to be in bed by 9, but I get nothing accomplished if i go to bed that early. Sigh
Sounds like work is going well for you.
the husband and i are headed to a house party with close family friends. should be fun with lots of liquor and yummy food.
last year we stayed at home and that was good too.
happy new year hun! and i certainly am happy you got a wink from the boss.
happy new year!
all the best!
Post a Comment