Friday, December 5, 2008

Not quite ...

I haven't made the overtime goal for this week. Yet.

I've just been flat out tired. It really is hard to go from not working at all to suddenly working 10 hour days.

I've crapped out 2 days this week. I could have put in 10 today (I went to bed a 9:30 last night hah), but I got my first pay check and it had to be in the bank before 4pm. It's only for 20some hours, but it's nice to have. And since it didn't get to me until after lunch, I had no choice but to jet at 3:30. Gah.

But I plan on working a full day tomorrow, so that'll make up for the overtime I've missed out on.

Hence the "yet".

I only have one grudge point ...

This company's culture for temps is ... standard, from what I hear. I'm just use to my old company - temps were treated no differently than direct hires. If a direct hire got a tote bag, so did the temp. If they got a meeting invite for the department, so did the temp. And they surely weren't made to sit separately from their team.

Which is a bone for me. Temps here (at least in this team) are as such - as temps. And until today, I was sitting with the rest of the team. The other temp was a couple rows away, but I was lucky enough to be put in the middle of everyone else. Which has been a huge help, being new and having lots of questions. Today, though, I was moved.

And it pissed me off. I'm still pissed off. I mean - there were things here and there (such as being uninvited to a meeting that took almost our entire floor because I'm a temp), but they're easily overlooked. The whole being moved away from the rest of the team thing, though, has me twisted.

I just need to remember - I'm a temp. And I am sitting (not literally, mind you, because where I'm now sitting suck donkey balls) in a fairly good spot to become a non-temp if I do a good job and put up with the BS that comes along with being a temp employee.

Otherwise, I'm doing well. A number of my reports were double checked and only a handful had something I missed or a suggestion to do something differently. The rest were good to go.

Which rocks.

Just so yas know, I've been reading some, so I'm kind of caught up with y'all. I just haven't had the oomph to form sentences. I'll correct that this weekend, though.

2 comments:

Ms. J said...

I am so thrilled that after all of your searching that you ARE employed, and apparently ROCKING it, too!

I am waaaaay behind on all sorts of sh*t, sigh.

Anonymous said...

companies can be sooo funny about how they treat their temps. don't let them worry you, you just keep acting like you belong there...like you are indeed part of the group and they will soon see you as part of their culture.
in other words, act like you belong (as mush as you can of course) and they will start to think that you do and in time that may lead to an offer...