I haven't been working a lot of overtime, not nearly as much as I wanted, but I'm still pretty tired. Because I'm still up at 5:15am so I can be in the office by 7. And I am working some overtime. Not much, but some.
So I come home, lounge around, and be zombyish.
I may have logged onto the computer twice this past week.
I think part of it is because I'm a people person. Bitch as much as I will to anyone who listens how working in customer service sucks, it's still very busy work. Non-stop busy. Which can be exhausting.
I'm non-stop busy at this job, too, though. With over 40,000 employees, there's always always work for my department to do. But it's a different type of exhaustion when comparing numbers all day.
My brain starts melting by the time 4pm hits.
Which is why I haven't been putting in as much overtime as I wanted to. I just hit this wall that makes it impossible to think anymore.
And as most of the work I deal with has to do with government contracts, an inability to think clearly while looking at numbers is not a good thing.
The real pay check is nice. Super nice. I can actually afford to buy my husband a few Christmas gifts. Nothing big, but something.
Although my mom took the 'good' gift from me.
You know the one - The one gift that he's never asked for or even said he wanted. But the one gift you know he'd absolutely love out of the few things he already knows he'll probably get because he specifically asked for them.
The surprise gift.
Only I made the mistake of mentioning it to my mother.
Who promptly said "I want to get him that one" and ended our conversation. And ordered it. And already has it in her house.
So I'm stuck without the 'good' gift.
It's hard to think of another good gift when your brain wants to do nothing more than sit in the corner and watch the pretty colors.
No comments:
Post a Comment