Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Getting there ...

I'm getting into the swing of this new schedule I've adopted.

Mind you - I don't have to be there by 7am (today it was 6:30am!). I choose to so that I can work overtime and still get home at a decent hour. So yeah ... the torture is completely self inflicted.

I'm still not liking the seating change. Instead of being able to pop up and ask any one of 3 - 4 people a question, I now have to get up and walk over two rows and hunt someone down. The girl that's training me probably spent more time walking back and forth (because I sometimes call her instead of getting up) between her desk and mine than she did sitting in her seat. Plus she gets snagged by the other new temp whenever she's at my desk, so she's rarely over there for just a few minutes at a time.

It's kind of like questions in surround sound.

Patrick's been awesome, too. He's really picked up in the house maintaining area, taking care of the dishes and straightening up when he gets home first.

Which was huge. Not like a huge job, but huge to me that I was able to come home and plant my ass on the couch. It was beyond awesome to come home to a straightened house and a husband asking if I needed anything.

Ah ... the joys of getting back to work.

Except for the 9pm bedtime I seem to have adopted, that is.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Work completely and totally interferes with the fun I want to have. It messes up my desire (or ability) to stay up late and to sleep in, it makes things complicated when I want to be in jammies all day, etc...

But, it is nice to get a paycheck. Aaah, the conundrum!

I'm glad things are going well, in spite of their stupid seating chart.

Anonymous said...

doesn't it suck when you are the new one in and you have to ask all these questions? i am in the same boat, still needing answers, but not wanting to disrupt other people's work, yet needing that answer...lalalalala....

so how is Biscuit doing in all this?