Monday, December 28, 2009

Work ... with pictures!

Ms. J asked how my job is going.

Well, my job is going great! Sure it's not the most exciting thing on the planet (I'll never understand people who love working with numbers hah), but it's not all that boring, either. Like any job, it's pretty well the same sort of thing day in and day out, but there are enough extras to keep things interesting. And my manager has been super understanding with the whole pet thing. She's let me take time when I've needed it and even let me work from home a few days.

I really do love my job and the team I work on. It's exactly the type of job I was hoping to land after losing mine almost 2 years ago (hard to believe it'll be 2 years this coming April since I was fired!) and I really have no room or urge to complain.

Outside of that whole not being independently wealthy thing, that is.

And because you asked (although you didn't and you really never have to) ...
Sunday had us taking out the chainlink between Hoss and Pearl's kennel and me cleaning out old, nasty straw and laying new, clean straw.

It was a seriously busy day, but a good one. Hoss was excited and playful and got to spend at least a few hours out and about while Patrick and I tended to the kennels. Well, Patrick helped remove the chainlink and then changed my oil. I did the cleaning (ew, I was stinky by the end of it).

The funny part about opening the kennel up is that Hoss isn't quite sure what to make of it. He's psychologically used to the barrier, so he hesitates to go from one section to the next. He'll stand there, right in front of where the chainlink was, and stare into the open space. And If I go into Pearl's old section and try to entice him over, he runs out of his kennel and around to her door. It's funny.


And because I got a new snazzy camera and love showing off pictures of my pooch, I give you these ...

A couple of our friends came by the Wednesday evening before Christmas. They're both on my FB page, so they've seen the billion pictures of Hoss that I've posted. Upon seeing Hoss in person (dogson?) for the first time, the she of the couple said "I had no idea he was so huge!". So I took these in an attempt to kind of give everyone an idea of exactly how big he is.




This one is him mid-bark. After being out for a good 3 hours, tearing up sticks and tree branches, racing around after a ball, and generally being goofy, I thought it was nap time. Hoss had other ideas. Yes, that's straw in front of his kennel as well as in it. With all the rain we've gotten, the yard in front of his kennel was trampled and just as muddy / slick as the inside. So that whole area was doused in straw.



Ya know, blogspot sucks in the picture & video department. These pictures look so much better on FB than here - clearer, brighter. These really don't do them justice.

Anyway ...

It's nice to be able to post with a lighter heart. I've missed feeling relaxed and not constantly stressed out.

3 comments:

Ms. J said...

He is a cutie, that's for sure ;o)

WOW, has it been two years?! WOW! I remember being so excited when this opportunity came along for you, and keeping my fingers crossed (as you dazzled them) that it would indeed become permanent. Thanks for the update.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you're relaxing, now!

I'm with Ms. J...it's really been two years? I remember, too.

I'm glad the job is going so well and especially glad they've been so understanding about Hoss and Pearl.

jaded said...

Can you beleive it? Just yesterday we were stressing about finding jobs and then we both found jobs and started within one day of one another. I am so glad it's going well for you.

Wasn't cleaning the kennels theraputic?

Hoss is such a cutie pie.