Friday, December 18, 2009

She's home ...

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words yesterday. I read them this afternoon and was seriously touched.

The pet service place called and Pearl's ashes were already at the vet's and ready to be picked up.

We opted to go with their 'regular' box - what the woman said is a 'plain pine box'.

Which really seemed to suit Pearl. She wasn't a showy, big egoed dog. She was simple and easy. So much so that people were always surprised when I mentioned her - they were so use to hearing about Hoss's antics that they didn't realize we even had another dog.

She was just that way, though. So very easy going.

So a simple pine box really did seem to suit her.

What we got, though, was so much nicer than either of us expected ...
















Here's a shot of the engraving ...















And, finally, her paw print. We knew it'd come with a memorial keepsake paw print, we just didn't realize it would actually be her print. It is. Which makes it that much sweeter.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, Sweetie. I am sorry I missed this yesterday. I am SO sorry to hear about your sweet Pearl. Having three furchildren myself, I know what they come to mean to you. Everything. I know there are so many platitudes about better to have loved and lost, or they are in a better place, but all of that really means nothing when you are missing your baby and wanting her with you. I am crying with you, as only another dog-lover truly could.

Amanda said...

The box is beautiful! And her paw print? Wow. The place that took care of your Pearl did such a touching job. Truly thoughtful!

jaded said...

I am just so sorry. I love the precious paw print. Pearl (her essence/spirit) is always with you.