Saturday, December 5, 2009

Currently dramaless ...

I survived Wednesday intact.

I actually took the day off work. Seeing as I had to exchange the spare I bought since his replacement collar tore within hours, I figured ... eh ... fuck it. And took a day to decompress.

It was what I needed.

By the afternoon, I found myself in a much better frame of mind. Calmer, more relaxed. Not as stressed.

That's not to say we're not still struggling with his cone collars. Because we are.

Thursday afternoon found me back at the vet's, buying 2 more.

The new replacement I exchanged on Wednesday had a small tear, something fixable with tape. Until Hoss decided he wanted to shove his way into his kennel as I was trying to get out. The small tear caught on the kennel fence and became a big tear.

My reaction? It was a muted "of course".

He's been wearing the new replacement (can y'all keep track of these replacements? hah) since Thursday afternoon. But it has duct tape in spots along the edge. As soon as I see a week spot or small tear, tape is thrown on it.

Duct tape isn't the best option, really. It's fibers begin to give as soon as Hoss rakes the edges against the deck while looking for anyhing edible. But so far it's kept small tears from becoming big tears.

But I have another spare, just in case.

In other news ...

Patrick is recovering from being up all night Friday night with a short-lived, but intense, vomity sickness.

I spent this afternoon covering the floor of Hoss's kennel with straw. Between the rain and the quick snow we had this morning, his kennel was a soupy mess. So now he has a thick layer of straw over it.

I also put some in Pearl's kennel and in her dog house. Hoss won't tolerate it in his house, but Pearl doesn't mind it and it should help keep her warm since it's supposed to get down to the mid 20's tonight.

And, last but not least, I finally threw out all of the Thanksgiving left overs and took care of the containers.

It's been a busy, busy time lately, but I'm starting to get a better handle on it.

1 comment:

jaded said...

Dramaless is ok. Poor Patrick, i've had those 24 hour vomity sickenesses and they are so not fun. keep the man hydrated!