Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Home again ...

The weekend was wonderful.

For those that haven't checked here lately, Patrick and I headed up to Grey Gables B&B in Rugby, TN for an early anniversary weekend get-away.

Never having been to a B&B before, neither of us were sure what to expect. Yet what we got far exceeded any expectation we may have had.

The inn keepers, Linda and Bill, are warm and friendly. They were both always concerned that we were comfortable and checked on our needs regularly. The inn itself is beautiful and the setting, up on the Cumberland Plateau, surrounded by trees and fields, can't be beat.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

And we were well fed. Amazingly well fed. So well fed that I, a self declared non-cook, bought both of the cookbooks Linda has written.

It was decided that he and I need to do this sort of thing more often. Ideally, it'd be right back at the Grey Gables.

So as much of a draw as Galtinburg and Piegon for are for those who visit Tennessee, I would more than recommend finding your way to their small town instead.

I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

Well ... except when you have to head home.

1 comment:

jaded said...

thanks for posting i am so happy you had a great time. aren't b&b's just the best? and you are right, the only disapoint is going home!

i want to do a small town b&b - they are truly the best.

I want to stay over a long weekend with a room with a fireplace and lots of wine. can't forget the wine!