Monday, August 10, 2009

They've teamed up against me ...

Anyone care to take a guess at what unpleasant event happens ... many, many times through the day ... while your body adjusts to metformin?

Yeah. So much so that I had to warn my manager that I'd be up and down all day for the next couple of weeks.

I figure I'm saving tons of money on colon cleaning, though. Not that I've ever had that done, mind you.

Ew.

But I digress ...

The other fun thing is the bacterial vaginosis I was diagnosed with. I thought I had it, I was the one who brought it up, and I was right.

Speaking of ...

Why is it that guys can proudly joke of bouts of crabs, jock itch, and sweaty balls, but a girl mentions the normal, already-existing bacteria throwing a party and getting a bit out of hand and we get a reaction like our crotch will fall out any second?

Stupid.

Anyway ...

I was given an RX for a gel for it. Which was mixed up with the very similar gel medication for rosacea.

Lucky that I'm a smart girl and thought "why did they give me a tub of soap instead of applicators?!?".

The medicating started last night.

And most of you women will know the drill - insert at bed time and spend the next entire day walking around with goopy girly bits.

Rinse and repeat for 5 nights.

All the while, trying to not shit myself.

Fun times.

4 comments:

jaded said...

oh i have been there! and I know that stuff just seeps out slowly and you wake up the next morning all goey down there, w/out the benefit of a 'good time' the night before.

here's to releif!

Alyssa said...

Are you going to make a run for the trifecta and get all vomit-y, too? Nothing better than leaking from all orifices, friend! :)

Amanda said...

Just adore that goopy feeling. NOT! Why is it that my doc always gave me an antibiotic for BV...which of course resulted in so much lovely yeast.

I hope your body adjusts to the met quickly!

Ms. J said...

Mmmmm, good times!!!

The party never stops, eh?!