Friday, August 7, 2009

And it's done ...

My visit with the new gyne (Alley - like how I just stole your Dr. New?!?) went as expected.

In other words - uneventful.

He seems nice and he does seem to know as much, if not more, than I do about reproductive organs (hah). For those not in the know - it's amazing how much you learn while on the Infertility Train, including things the average gyne should, but doesn't, know.

But I digress ...

He was impressed with my vocabulary. As he said, it's not often his patients know words like 'annovulatory, insulin resistant pcos' or 'mutatation of the MTHFR enzyme', much less 'luteal phase defect'.

I'm a genius like that.

We talked about my going back on Metformin for the insulin resistance. And he had no problem admitting that his office doesn't usually prescribe the extended-release variety (the regular dosages make me horribly sick) and that he needed to look up the dosages.

Which I like - I far prefer a doctor who says "I don't know, but I'll find out" than try to bullshit his or her way through something.

The exam was the usual ... breast, belly, vagina.

But I wanted to cry.

Sitting there in a gown, wanting to bawl like a 3 year old.

Who knew going to a regular gyne would be so emotional?

3 comments:

Ms. J said...

I hope you treated yourself to something afterwards ... Ice cream, new shirt, a tabloid magazine?!

Alyssa said...

You're welcome to use the Dr. New. I mean, what else can we call them? :)

As far as sitting in the damn paper gown and wanting to cry, I hear you, friend. Isn't it frustrating?

HOWEVER, you did it. You made the appointment, you went, and you are awesome. I am proud of you!

jaded said...

i have fricken palpitations when i go see the gyno but mostly it's because it reminds me of giving birth. (and i need not remind you of why that is a bad thing, right?)