Saturday, August 22, 2009

Efforting ...

At least that's what I'm calling it.

Efforting.

Not dieting. No.

Efforting.

I'm making decent strides in the 'making an effort to eat a bit better' arena. Not perfect by any means, but better.

And I have my permission to have candy or ice cream or something greasy if I want it. Not a lot, but some.

Funny thing I've discovered about giving yourself permission - when you can, you usually don't.

I've had a bit, but nowhere nearly as much as I was use to. And I'm eating more fruit and yogurt instead of the candy and ice cream and fried chicken fingers or french fries.

When I do eat greasy foods? Yeah ... my body now lets me know that it's not acceptable.

It's easier during the week, though. At work, surrounded by several women who are dieting, I have less of an urge to eat beyond what I brought with me.

The weekends are proving tougher.

And that's ok.

Because I have my permission to eat a bit more like the habits I'm trying to break.

Which makes it more of a 'eh, maybe later' than a 'must have it right now'.

2 comments:

jaded said...

ever since i have improved my diet my body let me know in no uncertain terms that 'bad' food is not appreciated. it's a process they say...they are not kidding.

Katie said...

Good for you! I am trying to think along the same lines and not forbid myself anything. I've lost a couple of pounds, nothing major, but it's a work in progress.