I haven't updated - there just hasn't been anything happening ...
I'm starting to seriously dislike the neighbors that moved in across the street some months ago. Hoss doesn't bark at night. Sometimes there will be a stray woof or two, but that's it. Last night was the life-threatening I'm-gonna-eat-someone barks that had me trudging to the backyard to see what was going on. After 11pm. After I was already in bed and drifting off to sleep.
The neighbors across the street, the one with at least 4 mid-20's people living there and cars almost always parked in their front yard, were doing ... something. Coming or going or I don't know - whatever it was, it set Hoss off in a way he reserves only for threats.
Work is still there. I'm still on loan, but I'm a lot more comfy with my new responsibilities. Although receiving an e-mail from the director of our department this morning asking why I did something the way I did kind of set my teeth on edge. Long story short - there was a change in a procedure that wasn't passed along to everyone on that team and I was told about it just yesterday afternoon. His e-mail was him wondering why I did what we apparently were no longer supposed to do yesterday morning. Followed closely by an e-mail 'reminder' from the manager. I say 'reminder' with quotes because it was the first time he communicated the change to the team (I learned of it from the woman that trained me). It was all cleared up and the manager of the team even apologized to me (which I thought was respectable). But still ...
Add that to the already bitchy from a lack of sleep and I spent my morning wanting to stab someone.
On a brighter note, the Aldi finally opened. Yay! I love that store. If it weren't for Aldi, my cousin and I wouldn't have eaten when we had our first apartment together back when I was 19. What's even better is that I spent a good 2 months yapping about them to my husband and friends (who'd never heard of an Aldi) and they've proven everything I said to be true. Really - when you can buy a week's worth of lunches and several day's worth of dinner stuff for 2 people for just $47 and it's all just as yummy as name-brand stuff? Yeah ... that's a definite SCORE!
And that's about it.
Nothing new, nothing exciting.
3 comments:
I'm sorry about the dog waking you up. That's always major annoying. Especially when you're just starting to drift off...grrrr
I really hope that things work out with the job.
I . . . freakin' . . . LOVE . . . ALDI's!!!!!!!!!
We finally got a few in our region a year ago and BOOM, are they taking off!
A new one is being built along my work-commute, which will make it even more convenient and I will probably switch even more of my shopping there as a result!
I want to try more of their frozen, convenience foods, such as the pizza rolls, some of the fish items, and so on ... any recommendations or warnings?
hmmm, i never head of aldi, but can certainly appreciate a good value.
so sorry about the dog, it is so diffucult to have an issue of any kind with neighbors - i hope things work out.
Post a Comment