I totally forgot I promised to reveal Patrick's surprise.
Sorry!
While looking at tickets to general concerts, shows, etc ... that are coming to Knoxville, I found one gentleman that Patrick and I both really like. A lot.
Mr. Anthony Bourdain is coming to Knoxville. This coming weekend.
I'm not sure what he'll be doing, exactly, other than that he'll be on stage for at least an hour. I'm guessing he'll be talking about his travels and experiences.
As only he can.
Knoxing how much Patrick enjoys watching this man's show (as do I), how much he respects him as a chef (where I don't know much about his cooking skills), and how much we both enjoy his sometimes reverant, sometimes salty, always honest attitude, I jumped at the chance to purchase a couple of tickets for us.
I couldn't afford the $140 VIP tickets that includes a meet & greet, drinks, and heavy ... er ... hor'dourves (sp?), but that's ok. We'll enjoy listening to him all the same.
Anyway ... that first link is his official unofficial web site, but this link here is his blog. Which will give those of you with no idea who he is a better idea of ... well ... who he is. He's also on Facebook for those of you who do and are and want to keep up with his shows and other travels.
So ... that was my surprise. Not a huge one by any definition, but one that earned me a hearty "Holy Shit!" and a huge grin.
Which is exactly what I was after.
3 comments:
That's quite some surprise! I've seen him on TV a couple of times. I'll have to check out one of his sites.
i LOVE that show. And by his reaction (coming from a male) you dun good woman!
Both Dr. J and I read, and LOVED, his book Kitchen Confidential! If you haven't read, its an easy read, and perfect in advance of this AWESOME event!
So jealous!
Post a Comment