I received a phone call from my supervisor last Tuesday evening.
I'd been loaned to another track.
On the surface, this could look like a bad thing. As in, she wasn't happy with me and chucked me at another team.
Truth is, though, she's made it clear (more than once) that she had to choose between her worst and her best temp.
She said "I gave them my best one".
She told the woman from the agency that she's hoping the increased visibility will help me land a long-term position with the company.
So I'm on loan to another team processing purchase orders.
In one aspect, it rocks. That's a lot of faith to have in someone. And I'm super glad she feels that way about me and my work.
In another, I'm going out of my mind. I absolutely hate not knowing what I'm doing and, after being put on my own after less than a day's worth of training, I feel like I don't know what I'm doing most of the time.
I keep saying "This is the face of misery".
Dramatic, yes. But it was the only honest response I could give when a co-worker asked me why I was sitting with my face on my keyboard.
So that's me - frustrated during the day and exhausted from the frustration at night.
But it's ok. It's another job I'm learning, which will only make me that much more valuable to the company.
3 comments:
i am sorry you are on your own. Exposure is very good. Keep it up
I think the unknown is always frustrating and a bit scary, no matter what. You have ROCKED at these new tasks, and are taking that get-to-it attitude with you to this new dept.
congratulations, take this for fabulous news that this truly is. you rock!
Post a Comment