Thursday, March 26, 2009

Checkin' in ...

The lillies I planted are doing ... different things.

A handful seem to be doing well - their color is coming through as they shed the outer layer on the stalk. A few others, though, are just kind of hanging out and doing a bunch of not much.

There were several I planted in the back row that were still mainly bulbs with very little breaking through. I can find 4 of them and they seem to be doing well - they're growing out of the ground more, at least. The rest of that group ... I can't see at all. I'm thinking those were trampled by Hoss and pushed further down.

Work is going well.

They hired 2 more temps to work in the team I'm on loan to and the 3 of us have managed to get the queue we're in completely caught up.

Go us.

I did e-mail my supervisor and ask if I can work overtime this weekend for their track seeing as there isn't any overtime avail to me on the loaned-to team.

Not only did she say of course, but she also told me she'd asked to have me back. And was denied.

The work-around is that I'm going to start splitting my days - 1/2 on one team and 1/2 on the other.

I'm taking it as a very good sign (2 managers both want me!) and will happily split my days however they want.

And that's about it.

I have a surprise for Patrick, but I won't go into detail until I've given it to him (no, it doesn't involve furry handcuffs and a blindfold ... although that wouldn't be bad either). But I'll share the details tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you're lillies are doing about how mine did a couple of years ago. You'll have to take some pics once they start looking pretty!

I can't wait to hear that you've been hired full time!

AwkwardMoments said...

OOK - SO i know there is more content on this post but I am now Purring imaginging Furr HandCuffs and Mood Music

jaded said...

having your time is split is very good news. they do that with my husband quite often. it means you are very versatile and that your talents are very needed. i am so glad work is going well.

Ms. J said...

VERY curious on what the surprise is????