We have a new faucet and it does match our sink. It's brushed nickel, so it matches perfectly.
I'm tickled.
We also hit our local Verizon store to check out some phones. We've had their service for years now, but neither of us wanted to renew the contract. So our initial goal was to just see how much a decent phone would be without the new contract.
Two new Voyagers and a new 2 year contract later, we have new phones.
The phones rock.
Almost all of Sunday (just yesterday, folks) was about 65 degrees. Sunny, breezy, warm.
Today we had 2 inches of snow by 1pm and I had to park my van in our side yard when I got home because I couldn't get up our driveway.
Friday we're expected to be in the mid 50's.
Gotta love East Tennessee weather.
I had another run-in with the "are you pregnant?" guy. I say run-in, but he's actually one of my co-workers I like, and talk to, the most. He's just young (23) and doesn't know any better.
By the end of my schpeel (because, yes, he asked yet again - I made the mistake of mentioning a taste for pizza) of The World of Infertility, I said "Don't ask me that again. If I ever get pregnant, I will tell you".
That might be too forward for some, but I find I get a better response when I'm more direct with people. He vowed not to utter that sentence again and I believe him. Probably because he learned more about infertility in 5 minutes than he could have ever imagined possible and he's still not so hardened by the world that he blushed and squirmed through most of it.
He's a good kid.
Speaking of good kids ...
The fact that I call him a kid at all pains me.
That and the other 'kid', the one who sits next to me and is 25, has no idea who Chubby Checker is.
Sometimes I feel every minute of my 37 years when talking to them.
Tonight I'm going to watch the weather and listen to the ice forming outside.
Now that my van is back in the driveway (thanks to the husband), I know Mother Nature is going to make us pay for our tenacity.
2 comments:
Cool Phone! You handled that well. Not sure I could have handked that so graciously
i just love how you make this guy cringe. i say f*ck people and their sensibilities. i really do tell it how it is. i am black or white to a fault at times.
Post a Comment