I haven't been working any overtime the last week because I'm giving a co-worker a ride to and from work. And she has 2 small children with a babysitter in her apt complex, so she can't exactly stay an extra hour or two on a whim.
It's ok, though. I got the go-ahead today to log a couple hours from home in the evenings if I want to.
*****
I went to a book signing on Saturday. The author? UT's Dr. Bill Bass. That's the general wiki page, but if you want more interesting, detailed stuff, click here. Fair of stomachs be warned - a couple of the pictures are fairly graphic. Or this one here, his main web site for his books with some information on the Body Farm.
Anyway ...
I've always loved reading (and, yes, seeing) this sort of thing, and I've been reading the fiction books he and his co-author have been writing over the last couple of years.
Good books for those who like murder mysteries. And the part that really tickles me is that it's all set here - in and around Knoxville. I love reading books where I recognize streets and areas.
So I was all excited to discover a book signing with a Q&A session. I would love to attend one of his lectures if he were to give one (he's retired from teaching but still very active with the 'farm').
*****
I have been checking on everyone's blogs, but I haven't been commenting much. It's always hard when I have my period, being all hormonally emotional, but right now is a bit harder than most months.
2 years ago this time, I was pregnant. I can't say I was yet enjoying it as we were still in the "come back in 2 days and we'll test again" phase of making sure my beta rose. But even with that worry ... well ... I don't have to explain it to you ladies.
Just know that I'm here and I'm reading.
*****
Anyone else excited that American Idol is back?
Anyone else rooting for the gay cabaray boy - Norman Gentle? I don't know that he's gay, but that's what he reminds me of. And I love him to pieces.
I believe I may vote for the first time ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment