I've been really busy with work and tired when I get home, so the internets have been ignored.
Time to catch up!
- I'm still a temp. Grrrr. My supervisor said she had hoped a perm position would come open during my initial run, but no such luck. So she's extending the contract another 90 days (the first 90 won't really be done until the end of Feb) and is hoping she'll get to hire me permanently at some point during it.
- I've worked almost 14 hours overtime this week. I'm tired. But yes, I will be working from home this weekend too. My bank account will thank me. Plus yesterday was fiscal year end there and our department's manager was there to witness me working long hours with the 'regular' employees. I'm hoping it's earned me some brownie points in addition to the kickass paycheck I'll get.
- Patrick and I went to see Underworld: Rise of the Lycans last weekend. If you've seen Underworld (just the first one), go see it. If you haven't, watch Underworld and then go see it. Just be sure you don't drink anything before going or you'll be running to pee during what is a very busy, fast paced movie. I speak from experience - I had to go 3 times. And this is the sort of movie that you'll miss important stuff if you get up and leave for even just a few minutes.
- We're getting a new faucet set this weekend. No new sink, so it won't match, but that's ok. This faucet set will be one of those taller ones so we can fit our pots under it without doing acrobatics, it'll have two handles instead of that stupid push thingy, and it won't leak. The fact that it excites me is more proof that I'm really a grown-up.
- There has been awesome news all over my IF buddy list this past week or so. Yes, that's 3 ladies with awesomeness surrounding them. Congrats!
- I've heard some not so good things about my previous employer's situation. It's not that I wish them (in general) ill will. But, in a small, petty way, it gives me a bit of satisfaction. Me? Still bitter? Noooooo ... Ok, maybe a little. And it is petty and childish as the company itself is struggling and it's not like the company itself had anything to do with my situation. But still ... there's a small child inside me that grins with each new piece of information I get. Just so you know, I'm not proud of it. It's just the way it is.
- Which, thinking about that right now, reminds me how I felt this time last year. Compared to how I feel now, I still think my leaving (uh ... getting fired) did me a grand amount of good. No, I don't have health insurance, no I have absolutely no promises that I'll be given a perm position at this company. But I'm mentally and emotionally in a much better place where my job is concerned. The things that cause me to stress now are not work related. I don't come home exhausted and upset because I've spent the day fighting with my manager or trying to reach seriously unrealistic goals with a massive workload. I look forward to going to my office now and there is absolutely no dread during that 25 minute drive.
- There's been so much rain that the dogs's kennels have been neglected. So I'm off to scoop poop (it's finally dry outside!!) without fear I'll slip and fall into it (which is a very real possibility being the klutz I am). Edit: I discovered it's very hard to scoop poop that's frozen to the ground. Because on top of the rain, we now have freezing temps. Fun times.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
2 comments:
you're making me tired. 14 hours of OT .. good lord woman
awww i am so glad things are going better with the new job. i was um fired myself and was really upset about it until the security guard that walked me out that fateful asked me why was i crying. this was a place i hated that did not care for me or it's employees. he said to take it as an opportunity to find a better place. and that i did.
i just hope you get hired. we hired a temp the other day and i thought of you.
Post a Comment