I'm on facebook. I mainly use it to follow the friends I lost after HS grad and moving to Tennessee. Otherwise I don't join the gobs of applications people are forever sending or inviting me to. I just check it every evening to see what is going on in the life of these long time friends.
The issue I ran into this week is that none of those long time friends know about my fertility issues. Sure, some know about the wretched periods and multiple, regular visits with my gyne, but that was long ago. In high school.
So even though I say "long time friends", it's more like "good friends I had a long time ago but really don't know very well anymore".
Back to the applications ...
Twice now I have received an invite to some group called the circle of moms or some such. And the canned invite you get (after the person puts a check by your name to invite you) is that you're one of the moms they trust so let's get together and share stories and advice and blah blah blah.
Nowhere on my profile does it mention kids. There are no pictures of kids identified as my own.
But there are links to infertility sites and videos put together by others in the IF community.
So yeah ... let's not look at the person's profile and just assume she's managed to bring home a baby and sure she'll be happy to get the invite! Rah!
Fuckers.
I know the two mean well. I know they're happy about their mommyhood status. I would be, too.
But damn.
I'm not a mom.
I don't have a baby.
I don't have a toddler.
I don't have a teenager (which some have by now - why that shocks me, I don't know).
I ignored the first invite.
I blocked the application on the second.
I swear I'll throttle anyone who sends me an invite to anything similar.
3 comments:
Ugh, I hate them too, and I didn't event get the invites, LOL!
Block the b*tches for not "getting it."
I'm sorry, 'cuz that sucks. And don't hate me because my main takeaway from this entry is YOU ARE ON FB ON WE ARE NOT FRIENDS?!?!?!
Don't worry, I promise to never invite you to those things. . .look me up!
i'll hurt them with you.
lately, i've wanted to hurt people.
Post a Comment